Friday, February 15, 2013

Pregnancy: Weeks 9-12

9 Weeks! October 17, 2012



Our first ultrasound was this week! SOOOOO EXCITING!

Ultrasound! October 22, 2012




What an awesome experience! When we went to our ultrasound appointment, we were told that my doctor was called out to do a delivery. We could either reschedule and see him the next day for the ultrasound or see one of the other doctors in the clinic. I was already a nervous wreck and had been looking forward to this day since I found out we were pregnant, so we decided to see the other doctor.

I'm not sure what I expected. I've seen ultrasound pictures before, but I was still absolutely in awe and amazement when I saw my baby for the first time. I don't know if I expected it to take a while to find the baby or what, but I remember being shocked when all of a sudden...there was our baby! And he was MOVING! Right from the very start, our little boy was super active! I couldn't believe how much he twisted and jerked! I guess I thought about the ultrasound pictures and not the fact that we'd be able to see what he was actually doing. It was incredible! Oh, and he was so cute! I started crying, of course.

We were able to see so much! We saw the umbilical cord, head, body, arms, legs, and even a defined set of the cutest fingers ever! We heard the heart beat (a strong 171 bpm) and he measured in at 1.1 inches or 9 weeks, 4 days. (My calculations put him at 9 weeks, 5 days.) It was one of the most incredible experiences of my life!

10 Weeks! October 24, 2012



Nothing too specific to mention this week. Eating was such a chore. Morning sickness wasn't necessarily intense and I didn't throw up a lot, but I felt kind of miserable all the time. Food rarely ever sounded good. I would eat only because if I didn't, THEN I would dry heave. Lovely, I know.

11 Weeks! October 31, 2012



I started to feel like I was developing a bit of a belly at this point, but I was the only one who noticed. I was beginning to think morning sickness would never end. Jake and I were supposed to go out to a dinner party on Halloween, but he had to work and I just felt too lousy to do anything and definitely too lousy to eat dinner with friends without them knowing something was going on.

12 Weeks! November 7, 2012



This week was the first time I thought there might be a light at the end of the morning sickness tunnel. I had a couple days that weren't as bad as usual. I began to be hopeful. Also this week, I got to make my first real baby purchases! The girls in my ward were all raving about the JJ Cole warehouse sale that comes to town once a year, so I dragged Jake along and went to check it out. We bought a diaper bag, bundle-me, support pillow, and a pacifier holder. I'll have a put a pic of my cute diaper bag up sometime.


No comments:

Post a Comment