Sunday, February 17, 2013

Pregnancy: Week 18 Gender Ultrasound!

Week 18! December 19, 2012



IT'S A BOY!


Our gender ultrasound appointment was wonderful! I'm thinking I should have gone to school to be a sonographer, because I could watch that baby on the screen all day long! I'm so fascinated by ultrasounds. That has to be the best job, ever!

I think I knew all along that our baby was a boy. Whenever I would think about the baby, I just felt like it was a boy. I'd slip up and call the baby "him" every once in a while. When I thought about my baby being a girl, it just didn't feel right...even though I've always wanted a girl. I'm not disappointed by any means. I like the idea of having the oldest child be a boy and I'm so excited to see Jake with a son. He's going to have so much fun teaching him sports and rough-housing with him!

Back to the appointment: Our little boy is super active! The sonographer said she couldn't go in order on her checklist because our little man wouldn't sit still. As soon as she found what she was looking for, he would move. She showed us his stomach, kidneys, abdomen, legs, arms, hands, feet (which are the cutest feet ever), head, spine, individual bones, etc. We were able to watch the heart beat and see the different chambers. We could even see the separation between the left and right hemispheres of his brain! One of the coolest things to see was the umbilical cord. There was even something like a heat sensor that showed the blood flow through it. Baby had his legs crossed and I was getting really nervous we wouldn't see the gender, but he eventually opened up and we got to see his "little boy part" as the sonographer called it. :)

We decided not to tell anyone until we got together with my entire family for Christmas that weekend. My brother got to find out a little early because he helped us put together "gender reveal" cupcakes for everyone to bite into. It was really cute and it was fun to see our nieces and nephews react. Thanks again, Ross!



Jake is very happy to be having a boy! Here's the proud daddy to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment