Sunday, February 17, 2013

Pregnancy: Weeks 15-17

Week 15! November 28, 2012



So, this week I started feeling little vibrations that I thought could've been the baby moving, but I definitely wasn't sure. I really had my doubts because I'd been told as a first time mom, I most likely wouldn't feel the baby until I was 20-22 weeks along.

Week 16! December 5, 2012



Look who has a bump! This week I could definitely say I felt the baby move! Those little vibrations that I had been feeling last week were my little peanut in action. I was tying quilts at the extension office with the 4-H kids for work and I just kept feeling this little rubbing vibration inside. I don't really know how else to describe it. Most women say it feels like butterflies or bubbles popping, but that didn't quite fit for me. I had my doubts at first, but I continued to feel the same thing on and off throughout the next few days and that pretty much sealed the deal. I was thrilled! I'd been waiting for the longest time to have some evidence that this was really happening! It's still hard to believe there really is a baby inside of me.

Week 17! December 12, 2012



Pregnancy advice, for anyone out there who is less intelligent than I am: DON'T chop off a lot of hair or make any major changes to your appearance while pregnant. Your body is changing enough! Any sudden, drastic changes will cause you to have an emotional breakdown, in which you will suffer a complete identity crisis. Okay, maybe I am being a bit dramatic, but pregnancy hormones make you do that sometimes. I decided to cut my hair this week (evidence doesn't show up until next week's picture) and donate it to Locks for Love. I'm adjusting slowly, but right after I chopped it off, I had a total meltdown. I came home to Jake sobbing. Then, we had to rush to our first prenatal class, but I couldn't stop crying. I am sure they all thought someone had died because I was very red and puffy. My friend, Candice cut my hair and she did a great job and I really do like it now. I just grow very attached to my long hair and it hadn't been cut in almost a year and a half. Moral of the story: save big changes for well AFTER the baby comes!

This was yet another nerve-wracked week. I was terrified about the upcoming ultrasound. I didn't feel like they would find anything wrong, but you never know. Mostly I was scared they wouldn't be able to tell the gender of the baby for certain and I would have to wait even longer. Waiting to find out the gender was torture!

No comments:

Post a Comment